Holzol Furniture Oil
Holzol Furniture Oil is an all-in-one trade quality oil for use on all interior domestic and commercial wood furniture
- Tough and hard-wearing for longer lasting results
- Scratch, scuff and liquid resistant
- Easy to maintain and repair
- Offers a non-yellowing, coloured, translucent satin finish
- Based on a blend of natural oils, hybrid resins and micronised waxes.
- Low V.O.C
- No of Coats – 2
- Coverage – up to 24m² per litre
- Drying time – 8hrs
- Surfaces to be oiled should be clean, dry and free from oils, greases, waxes and other surface contaminates.
- For guaranteed performance , remove all traces of previous finishes.
- Previously oiled surfaces can be lightly rubbed back with methylated spirits, then fully cleaned.
- Old wax coatings should be removed with a suitable wax and polish remover.
- Pre-existing paints, varnishes and sealers must be completely removed by sanding or using a suitable paint stripper to return the furniture back to bare wood
Always do a test area before starting any project and follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the tin at all times.
Stir thoroughly prior to application. It is also important to ensure good ventilation during application and drying.
- Apply an even film of Holzol Furniture Oil Tints with a brush or lint free rag over the surface of the timber. (If required, and especially with exotic timbers, the first coat can be thinned with a high quality white spirit.)
- Allow to dry for 6-8 hours, then lightly abrade / denib with a finishing pad or 220/240 silicon carbide abrasive.
- Apply a second coat, as above. Allow 12 hours to completely dry.
Using these products in systems outside these guidelines can lead to immediate and latent problems with the integrity of the finish.
To clean floors treated with Holzol Furniture Oil Tints, use a clean, slightly damp cloth. Do not use household cleaning products or detergents as these may degrade the finish.
If the finish becomes tired looking or damaged, abrade with 240/320 silicon carbide abrasive and apply a further coat of Holzol Furniture Oil Tints.